Monday, July 27, 2009

<3


He said, She said

He said: Have you noticed that the universe is a male?
She said: Yes, I noticed that the entity is a female.
He said: Have you realized that the light is a male?
She said: Yes, I have realized that the sun is a female.
He said: Don’t you like that the poetry is a male?
She said: Yes, and I like better that the feelings are female.
He said: Do you know that science is a male?
She said: Yes, I know that knowledge is a female.

He took a deep breath closing his eyes, and then looked back at her for a few silent moments.

He said: I heard someone say that betrayal is a female.
She said: I saw someone write that disloyalty is a male.
He said: But they say that guile is a female.
She said: But they say that lying is a male.
He said: There’s who assured me that silliness is a female.
She said: And there’s who proved to me that stupidity is a male.
He said: I surmise that murder is a female.
She said: And I affirm that sin is a male.
He said: I learned that ugliness is a female.
She said: And I realized that distort is a male.

He shuddered, taking a glass of water and drinking it all at once. She got scared when he held the glass which made her smile when she saw him drinking. And then he saw her smile.

He told her: I guess you’re right; nature is a female.
She said: And you weren’t wrong; beauty is a male.
He said: No, but happiness is a female.
She said: Maybe, but love is a male.
He said: I admit; sacrifice is a female.
She said: And I avow that forgiveness is a male.
He said: But I am sure that life is a female.
She said: And I am definite that the heart is a male.

He sighed smilingly, reaching for her hand. She walked along with him; sure to have the last word:
“A question is a male, and an answer is a female.”

**************************************************************************************

X & Y

i was sitting under a tree when you found me. "it's been a long, long time," you said. i nodded and asked, "did you get that piercing? did you face that fear? and do you remember all the plans we made to get high and watch the trains pass, to sit in bus stations, and to just watch the clouds pass for a couple hours?" you nodded and asked, "what's that under your arm?" "oh, it's my sketchbook." you wanted to take a look. and for a little while, we looked at the picture of the world that i drew.

"who are these people in the top right corner?" you asked. i smiled and said, "they're the children." i did not tell you that, in my picture, the bullies and brats were the children who lived in poverty. i did not tell you that the kid with good etiquette was actually the girl who was born with cancer and hated her life at 5 years old. i did not mention that, in my picture, the truth was a lie.

"who are these people in the top left corner?" you asked. i smiled and said, "they're the teenagers." i did not tell you that, in my picture, sluts wore just as little clothes, but all they wore were their ugly hearts and for that, boys didnt want to sleep with them. i did not tell you the science geeks got the girls and failed all their tests. i did not tell you the stoners were the ones who succeeded, and the prom queen was the girl who watched her feet when she walked and washed her hair twice a week.

"who are these people in the bottom left corner?" you asked. i smiled and said, "they're the middle-aged people." i did not tell you that, in my picture, the junkies were the ones who invented a cure to addiction. i did not tell you the catholics were the serial killers. i did not tell you rich bitches were the hobos. i did not tell you that the average mum who makes average food who lives in an average house and has an average husband is the prime minister of canada.

"who's the girl and boy in the center holding hands and looking at each other, and why aren’t they smiling?" you asked. i said, "they’re in love. they don’t need to smile at each other whenever they look at each other, because they just know how the other feels. they just know." i did not tell you that, in my picture, the boy was you and the girl was me. i did not tell you that, in my picture, you were my boyfriend.

No comments: